|Birthday||November 9 (Scorpio)|
|Hair Color||Blackish Blue Hair|
|Eye Color||Red Eyes|
|Technique||• Elbow Strike|
• Seal Breaking
• Jigen-Tō (Dimensional Sword)
• Hōgetsu Jigen-Tō (崩月次元刀, Moon-Crushing Dimensional Sword)
• Yōho Saishūsui (Counter Step Fist Block)
• Hyakūji Ryōran (Profusion of one hundred blades)
|Relatives||• Issa Shuzen (father)|
• Kahlua Shuzen (younger, oldest step sister)
• Moka Akashiya (younger middle step sister)
• Kokoa Shuzen (youngest step sister)
• Alucard (grandfather)
• Jasmine (young sister)
Fairy Tale (formerly)
It's revealed that Akua is a direct descendant of Alucard and like him, wants to destroy the human race.
Although brutal in terms of strength, she seems to truly care for her sisters, particularly Moka, whom she loves very much. She has shown a reluctance in fighting, stating that she did not really want to kill Akasha in front of Moka, saying that by doing so, it would sadden her.
She has a very dark and violent side, and will annihilate anyone who gets in her way. She goes as far as to threaten the lives of Tsukune and his friends, if Moka didn't get on Fairy Tale's ship. While she is truly kind towards Moka, she is not afraid to harm those around her, including her mother, friends, and the person she believes to be Moka's "partner in marriage", claiming herself the only one Moka truly has, and states in return that Moka's all she herself has.
Before she started fight she thought that Moka was going to marry Tsukune, a fact which quickly pushed her "berserk button". When she fought Tsukune in a one-on-one fight. he saw into Akua's heart; deep inside, she's a little girl crying for love.
It was revealed that in China she lives in a human society with her 'sister' Jasmine. They hid their identities of being vampires but the humans suspected Jasmine as a vampire then tortured her and 'skewered' her. Jasmine look very much like Moka, probably the reason that Akua truly loves Moka.
AppearanceAkua has pale skin, red eyes with a slit, and blackish blue hair. She is often seen wearing the traditional Chinese cheongsam, her preferred black attire along with knee high combat boots.
According to Touhou Fuhai, Akua hasn't grown in all the years that have passed since Outer Moka was created by the Rosario, as he pointed out her small breast size.
Akua Shuzen is the eldest sister in Moka's family. Like Kalua, she is also a member of Fairy Tale, but was once a member and assassin of the Miao Family. Not much is known about her, but it is suggested that Akua is not on good terms with Moka, as something happened between the two in the past.
Akua's mother died when she was young and she had lived with a relative in China before coming to live with the Shuzen Family. She is extremely skilled in Chinese kung-fu, as her "Youho Saishusui" (translated as "Twist Step, Plucking Hand Strike") could knock a person out for at least three days. Akua has amazing insight in battle as she was able to see the truth behind Kahlua's "tears". She was known in the Chinese underground even as a child. She is called "The Black Devil" because of her black attire and lethal kung-fu.
Before meeting the Shuzen Family, Akua lived in secret amongst humans, with a vampire girl named Jasmine. After Jasmine was mutilated by humans, Akua swore on her remains that she'd exterminate all humans. This was why she joined Alucard.
It was revealed Akua was after Akasha, and wanted to absorb her "Shinso" power. Before attempting such a feat, she mastered the Hougetsu Jigen-tou ("Also known as the Dimensional Sword"), a powerful blade that delays the existence of its wielder. It can cut through anything and it seems that the only thing that can stop a Jigen-Tou, is another one to par with it and Muei-Tou.
During their battle, it appears that Akua has the edge, though Akasha doesn't seem to be fighting back and instead, is trying to get through to her. The two of them are then interrupted by Moka who has come back to retrieve the Rosario Cross. Demanding to know why Akua is hurting her mother and with Akasha distracted, Akua slices her in half. Witnessing her mother's 'death', Moka in a rage unleashes her Shinso power and kicks a bewildered Akua.
Akua is completely shocked at Moka displaying the Shinso power since it's not supposed to be hereditary. Due to this, Alucard awakens due to the Shinso blood in Moka becoming active again and destroys the Shuzen manor. Akua tries to save Moka, whom Alucard immediately attacks to feast on her blood, but is saved by Akasha, whom to her surprise has survived.
Watching as Akasha once again seals the beast, Akua remembers her last words to her as Akasha entrusts Moka to her protection.
In the present time, Akua is seen arriving at the Huang Family's mansion searching for Moka. She engages in combat with Fang Fang's parents, whom she defeats easily. She soon arrives at the room where Moka and the others are. Akua starts to tear, happy to see her little sister after seven long years. Fang Fang attempts to attack Akua, and she retaliates, only to be stopped by Ling Ling. Surprised, Akua asks Ling Ling how she was able to stop her Jigen-Tou. Ling Ling smiles and claims she is a zombie created by Touhou Fuhai, and that she has inherited his technique. They do battle, where Akua's greater speed and endurance win over Ling Ling's tactics.
Even rounds from an Uzi and a suicide bombing attempt from Ling Ling fails to harm Akua as she alters the Jigen-Tou technique to 'phase out' her body, allowing the bullets to go right through her and to phase into the ground to prevent injury from the blast. She strikes down Fang Fang before she realizes that Moka's body has been moved. Fuhai reveals himself to her, having escaped from Moka's rosary seal to save his grandchildren.
Conversing with Touhou Fuhai, Akua once again demands that Touhou Fuhai turn Moka over to her. When he asks her why she is so determined to get to Moka, she replies by saying its because she loves her, and wants to protect her with her own hands in order to fulfill her promise to Akasha. She asks Touhou Fuhai to hand Moka over so that they do not have to fight, but Fuhai, overcome with rage at what Akua did to his family, engages her in combat using his own Hogetsu Jigen-Tou which it is revealed he can use from long-range.
At this point, however, Akua decides to use her "trump card", which is to use Huang Fei-Hong and Huang Ten-Ten as hostages in order to force Fuhai to hand over Moka. She then realizes that Moka is actually hidden behind a barrier in the room behind Fuhai, and then uses her own Hogetsu Jigen Tou at range (which she uses after only witnessing it once) and breaks the barrier, revealing Moka behind it.
Akua comments on how many friends Moka has made at school, and asks her if she would not like to see her friends get hurt. Realizing there are too many hostages, Moka decides to leave with Akua in order to protect everyone. Welcoming her to Fairy Tale, Akua and Moka depart on a large blimp surrounded by dragons, as Tsukune and the others look on.
Akua and Moka are next seen on the blimp. The inside is large and lavished with elegant decorations and with a large number of servants standing at attention. When led to her room, Moka is surprised at its grandeur and pauses, making one of Akua's henchmen push her into the room to hurry her up. Akua becomes enraged at seeing her sister (the daughter of the respected Akasha Bloodriver) being treated with such disrespect and threatens to decapitate the servant should he ever lay a hand on Moka again. Akua tells Moka to relax and change and then goes to her own quarters. Upon closing the door however, her icy demeanor changes and she talks to herself about how "cute" Moka is.
She then notices her dog, Earl Grey, staring at her and jumps out of her bed and joyfully tells him that she came back with Moka. She reflects on the strong opponents she faced and confides in Grey that Moka is both her yin and yang and also hopes that Moka will stay by her side forever, as she was the only person that ever understood her.
However, her plans are suddenly and abruptly derailed when she returns to Moka's room only to find that Inner Moka had switched personalities with Outer Moka. She asks why now only to find a note stuck to the rosary that was written by Touhou Fuhai. It reads "The seal has been fixed. Sorry~! - Touhou Fuhai" and upon reading it, she angrily exclaims his name.
She later takes Moka to Fairy Tale Headquarters, the Garden in the Sky, where she constantly asks Outer Moka questions to see if she differs from the Inner Moka. After trying to comfort Moka by telling her she is with her and she does not have to be alone, Akua is angered to learn that Outer Moka doesn't consider herself alone as she has the News Club for friends. In return for this, she takes her to see Alucard and reminds her that Akasha is still sealing from the inside, causing Moka to cry.
She later informs Moka of the News Club breaking into into the Garden in the Sky to save her and informs Moka that if she tries to hold back Alucard's awakening, she will be ripped apart by the resulting seal release.
When Kurumu and Mizore found Moka, they immediately engaged in battle with Akua. Even though they fought admirably, Akua defeated them while Moka's seal broke; awakening Inner Moka. When Akua called Tsukune Moka's "tool", she kicked her only to find out she is using her power to keep the seal intact. During Alucard's raucous, Akua and Moka both spotted Tsukune. As Akua went to kill him, she is surprised at Tsukune's sudden burst of speed. As Moka cried to Tsukune's resolve to protect her, Akua cried that Moka opened her heart to him instead of her.
In chapter 56, Akua begins to falter in her attacks against Tsukune and Moka. She then has a flashback, possibly to her childhood, where a possible younger sister of hers shouts that she'll never forgive her. This completely distracts Akua, and Moka manages to land a brutal blow that probably was enough to break her neck.
In chapter 65, at the end of the manga chapter, Akua reappeared, cutting off Alucard's arm when he was about to attack Moka. That indicates that she manage to survive after taking the brutal blow from Moka in her previous fight and now she's standing in Alucard's way to protect Moka. In chapter 65.5, Akua reveals that she made a deal with Alucard, to spare Moka's life in exchange for undoing her seal. The two begin to fight, and Alucard tells the story of Akua and her previous "younger sister," Jasmine, who was mutilated and "skewered" by humans, noting that Moka and Jasmine look alike. He also reveals that he helped Akua because of her desire for revenge.
Akua tells him to shut up and completely shreds him with the Jigen-Tou in a single instant - where the other characters were unable to touch him at all. Telling Moka that she will protect her from now on, and telling her that there are things more important than revenge, Akua reaches for her little sister, but is stopped when Alucard's spines burst from the ground and pierce Moka. As Alucard reassembles - being unable to die unless his "true" body is killed, Akua cries.
Minuets later, she finds Tsukune comforting the seemingly lifeless Moka. She tells him the seal is completely gone, as is Outer Moka. Though she also proclaimed her life wasn't completely lost, and offered to revive her. After this proclamation, she bite Moka and started to inject her own blood, and while doing this, she began to remember her previous sister Jasmine and the small discussion they had before the humans capture her and kill her, Tsukune then intervenes and tells Akua that shes giving too much blood and that she'll die before saving Moka, Akua gets angry and pulls back Tsukune's cheek to reveal his undeveloped fangs, she tells him that blood can only be injected through vampire fangs and that his half-grown fangs are useless and she goes on to say that he is weak and that his blood is unable to save Moka, Tsukune then tells her that he'll become a vampire and remove the Holy Lock which is suppressing his power, Akua warns Tsukune that by making that decision he will not only die but become just like one of Gyokuro's experiments, Tsukune attempts to proceed and is questioned by Akua who tells him that he is crazy and that a human wouldn't go that far, Tsukune removes the Holy Lock without hesitation, stunning Akua, he replies that he doesn't care about the differences between humans and monsters, nothing is more important to him than the woman he loves, Akua thinks of Jasmine from Tsukune's kind words, he then proceeds to give Moka blood in order to revive her, she realizes that Tsukune's feelings and love for Moka are real and is willing to give his life for Moka's, in tears, Akua then calls out Tsukune's full name as he proceeds to revive Moka with his blood.
Powers and Abilities
- Vampirism: Akua is not only a vampire but one of the strongest vampires in the manga just behind Alucard. Alucard calls her the "strongest" and states that not even the Three Great Dark Lords could compare in terms of raw ability. She has abilities that are far beyond the limits of many other characters, such as:
- Superhuman Strength: Akua is superhumanly strong and is easily one of the strongest character in the series.
- Superhuman Speed: She can move far faster than humans and the average member of her species, above supersonic speed or even faster as shown when she appeared in front of Miyabi and sliced of his right hand before the Shinso could react as well as slicing several pieces (despite Miyabi's attention facing Akua and the distance apart between the two).
- Superhuman Durability: The tissues of her body are considerably harder and more resistant to physical injury than those of an ordinary human. She is capable of withstanding great impact forces, and many other forms of damage as shown when she fought against both Mizore and Kurumu she was able to defeat two of them with ease greviously wounding them while remaining completely unharmed throughout the battle.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Her reflexes are heightened in a similar manner and are superior to those of the finest human athlete. The limit of her full extent is unknown, however she was capable of dodging everyone of Inner Moka and Tsukune's attack at the time with Tsukune's First Seal Unlock.
- Evasion/Invulnerability: Akua can evade deadly projectiles or punches made at her because she knows how to use dimension techniques that allows her to slide physical objects using the dimensions. Ling Ling attempted to kill Akua with a suicide explosion but Akua hid underground and survived. Another example of this is when Fang Fang's mother threw needles at Akua and Akua evades them by making her body a Jigen-Tou. Also Akua just has general experience in fights which helps her evade attacks.
- Vampire Blood: Akua's power is easily multiplied with the Yōkai from her Vampire blood. This also means she recovers from deadly injuries quickly as shown when she took two powerful kicks from Inner Moka one which caused bleeding to her forehead and two which send her crashing into a boulder and later reappeared to confront Miyabi completely unharmed.
- Yōki Detector: Like other vampires, Akuha can detect Yōki. This technique allows the user to detect the energies of the beings around him/her, letting the user react faster when is attacked.
- Demonic Aura: Despite only being considered as a mere S-Class vampire, Akua Shuzen's Yōki is powerful enough to rival against the likes of Alucard - the strongest shinso vampire in history as shown when Miyabi released his Yōki which brought everyone down to their knees, Akua shown the only standing completely unfazed.
- Master Martial Artist/Kung Fu: Akua is very skilled in Kung Fu. As demonstrated when she was fighting against Kahlua in the Shuzen Mansion or when she was fighting against both Tsukune and Moka in the Floating Garden Fortress holding her own ground without even trying.
- Perceptive: Akua is very perceptive and she can easily read the opponent's movements. Her experience fighting as a child is one of the reasons why she is so adept in combat. Akua is capable of understanding how an ability or a technique works almost instantly. This is seen when she is fighting Tsukune (who has decent fighting skills) and compares his moves to a wild beast who only knows how to charge. The same can be said when she is fighting Kahlua and she could see through Kahlua's intent. She is arguably the most intelligent out of the four sisters of the shuzen. It is easily proven she is very skilled as she learned how to use the Jigen-Tou as a child pointed out by Akasha who said Akua is a sinister child.
- Research: Akua seems to also research about weaknesses and/or missing components to forefill her goal to become a Shinso and rule the world. Interestingly enough she researched the Jigen-Tou and worked it as her own technique. Even Touhou the creator of the Jigen-Tou said she made it as her own technique. Later in Rosario + Vampire Touhou claims that there is a 40 second pause in which Akua cannot phase after using the Jigen-Tou but it can be assumed that he was saying that based on his own use of the technique and not a general law of the Jigen-Tou as Akua was not effected by it. It is implied that Akua can use the technique even better than Touhou Fuhai can.
- Elbow Strike: Akua seems to specialize in elbow strikes in Chinese Kung-Fu as shown when she fights Kahlua. She uses them as a maneuver to block Kahlua's attacks (and strike at the same time) then use Youho Saishusui on Kahlua.
- Seal Breaking: Can break seals but it takes time to set up unlike her other techniques.
- Youho Saishusui: Twist Step, Punching Hand Strike. Basically a very powerful punch Akua resorts to, most people can not stand up for three days after being hit by twist step, punching hand strike.
- Hyakujin Ryouran: Profusion of one hundred blades, a more powerful version of the common version of Jigentou Akua uses. It is literally one hundred blades slicing through anything in its way.
- Jigen-Tou: Moon Crushing Dimensional Sword, Akua can attack from a distance with this attack as well. As a dimensional blade technique it can't be blocked unless the dimension it is going through is blocked. Jigen-Tou can break through barriers because of this property it has to slice through anything. Akua also uses the principles of Jigen-Tou to become intangible.
- "If you hate me... hate yourselves for making an enemy out of me."
- "We finally meet... my beautiful Moka...."
- "...But, even that won't be enough, to scratch me."
- "My most beloved little sister opens her heart, not to me... but to that man."
- "You're not good enough for Moka."
- "Aiya, this is why I told you Moka, that you should just awaken and we then could run away together."
- It is hinted that Akua may be a very important member in Fairy Tale, as Moka notices the respect that her sister gets. This is mostly likely due to her alliance with Alucard (Miyabi Fujisaki), who is the 1st Division's leader.
- One of Akua's favorite lines is Aiya. Which is basically "oh jeez". She uses this term when she confronts trivial problems.
- Her hatred of humans was rather ironicly sparked; she harmed a boy Jasmine loved, causing her to go back and explain things in hopes of peace, but was killed and thus made Akua hate humans.
- She has completely mastered the Jigen-Tou as if it were her own technique, as stated by Touho Fuhai. She understands it to such a level that she has learned how to use it from a distance.
- Akua has not really developed figure-wise and shows that she hates it when people mention her lack of growth.
- Out of the four Shuzen sisters, both Moka and Kahlua possess power limiters while Akua has never been mentioned or shown to wear one.
- Akua's name literally translates to "dominant love".
- Akua's name follows the Shuzen trend of being named after beverages, hers being "aqua" which is water.
- In the manga some of Akua's scenes her facial expression resembles the evil spirit from "The Grudge" series.
- In Chapter 55, Tsukune mentions that despite Akua's violent and fearful personality, he feels her sunken in sadness. This sadness stems from Akua's loss of Jasmine.
- Akua has weak endurance, hence the reason for her high evasion and use of Jigen-Tou.
- Following shifting to defensive against Inner Moka's and Tsukune's tag team assault, Akua begins to question herself on why she is fighting, specifically she wonders what she must've done to make Moka so mad at her.
- Given that Akua kidnapped Moka, attempted to kill her friends, aided in the awakening of Alucard (twice) and is partially responsible for Akasha's imprisonment within Alucards body, and still cannot find the reason for Moka's reaction, and that she shows a desperate need for Moka's affections, hints at a classic case of obsession in Akua's case.